Internship at the Palestinian Mission to the Netherlands, The Hague
The Palestinian Mission to the Netherlands in The Hague is looking for an intern that is going to support the Mission with its daily activities in the second half of 2014. The internship is for a 5 months term and starts in September 2014. You will work for 4-5 days a week and work hours are from 09:00 until 16:00. We prefer someone who is available 5 or 6 months for 5 days a week.
The Palestinian Mission in the Netherlands represents Palestine in the Netherlands. The Mission also works on building mutual understanding between the people of the Netherlands and the people of Palestine. It is a relatively small mission in which the intern can contribute by assisting the general work of the office and will be assigned with different tasks.
These tasks are related to a variety of fields such as activities concerning economical and political affairs, communication, media and education. Tasks include:
- Following the Dutch media closely and informing and reporting to the Mission
- Assisting in writing daily social media updates
- Assisting in writing press releases and improving media and communication efforts
- Co-organizing conferences and events for the Mission
- Assisting the Ambassador and Mission staff in their work including translation work and attending conferences
To be eligible to apply for the internship at the Palestinian Mission in the Netherlands, the applicant should fit certain criteria:
- We are looking for a Dutch university student who studies in a related field and is in at least the last phase of its bachelor
- He or she should be proficient in both Dutch and English
- It is important that the intern is responsible, representative, motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrable knowledge about and affinity with Dutch politics and Middle-Eastern politics is important
- We prefer candidates who have experience working with social media, or are social media savvy
- Volunteer and organizational experience is a plus
In order to apply for this internship please submit a motivation letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, before Sunday June 29th, 2014. The earlier you send it, the better. Your motivation letter should at least enclose why you want to apply for this internship and why you are the right person. After the deadline you will be informed whether or not you will be invited for an interview.
When working 35 hours, the intern receives compensation of €250, – per month.